kcallihan12

Kristen's Reading Nook

I'm currently obtaining my masters in Library Science and Information from the University of Alabama. I graduated from Texas A&M in 2006, and have been teaching and coaching ever since. I love reading new books, and finding books that I can share with my students. I read a little bit of everything, but a large majortity of that is YA and Classics (or anything else that interest me when I pick it up).

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

I finally finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.For those who don't know, the premise of this book is about (Lance) Nick Dunne, who comes to his small town Missouri home to find that his wife, Amy,  is missing, and their house looks as if there an altercation took place there. As the investigation continues, it appears that a lot of things about Nick and Amy's marriage isn't as it appears. There are constant twist and turns in this action packed plot that keep you guessing until the very end.

I really liked this book because it was action packed, and constantly had me guessing what would happen next. I went from being sympathetic for the main characters, to hating them( except for Go, who was the only character I liked the entire book), pitying them, and finally feeling like they got what they deserved by the end.I enjoy books that allow me to see multiple characters point of view, and like the insight that you gained when reading Nick and Amy's point of view.

Then ending of the book what genius to me. It blew my mind at first, but eventually the longer it settled with me, the more I liked how it ended. I was surprised a bit, but not wanting to give anything away, it was an ending that I could live with. Overall I like the writing style of this book, and thought it was very well written.

I would recommend this books to anyone, especially those who like mysteries or "who done it" type reading. I would warn that the book deals more toward mature content, while it is not overly graphic, and would not be suited for younger readers (but really that is for them to decide, not me). I would also be interested in reading other books by this author, such as Dark Places and Sharp Objects